I have so much fun in New World as never before, but one annoying: her other player

You can discuss it, ONNEW World is a MMORPG or only one MMO but our author Mark Sellner would like to delete the MMO part completely. He plays New World as a single player RPG and has only one problem: other players.

What is New World? New World is the new game from Amazon. It falls into the genre of the MMOs, so an online game where many people come together and usually play together.

Now New World wants to be a social MMO, but makes too much wrong, as our editor Alexander Leitsch has summarized. There has been many features for the actual together with multiple people not necessarily finished.

That s why it often happens that you start alone for his quests or crafting, even if you are planning to play together.

But this can not happen to our author Mark Sellner, because he feels really at home as a solo player in New World.

Who writes here? Mark is MMORPG author at Meinmmo and is at home in this genre. There are few genre representatives that Mark has not yet seen from within. In some of them, he has already sunk many thousand hours, but New World makes him the most fun after 100 hours.

As a Gothic fan, New World is come home

What makes New World so differently? In most MMORPGs, you choose a class that determines your life from now on your life and limits what you can do. But this is not the case in New World.

Here is a classless system in which you will get better with the gun that you play. It feels free and less limited than that is the case in many MMORPGs. Something that you actually know more of single player play.

Where is the single player feeling? In the beginning she lands as a shipbreaker on an island threatened by a dark magic. You start at the beach, dressed only in rags, with a rusted sword and a david shield in the hands of a character that can absolutely nothing.

Many Gothic fans among you should already happen now. Because pretty much exactly the same beginning, we experience in Risen, the Single Player RPG of the Gothic makers from 2009.

Then you beat you for a while on the beach and seeks better equipment until you find a person after a short time, which at least explains you what you could do next.

Soon after, you will find yourself in one of the cities on the island and have to decide for which the three factions want to work on Aeternum. There are the scientists and magicians of the syndicate, the neck cutters from the scavengers and most recently the faithful kills of the Alliance.

Anyone who has played Risen and not immediately think of the faithful kills of the Inquisition, the researchers and magicians of the fire coach and the neck-cutting bandits from the swamp, which is probably no longer to help. So I had the feeling of the start, I ll be home to one of my favorite games. Risen home.

Last but not least, because the combat system feels very similar. Although there are no stamina in Risen, to which you must pay attention, but it s about combos, targeted block and few special attacks. So I felt directly in New World, even if I did not know exactly so that. Because most of these parallels made me aware of me only many hours later.

Even one of my younger trips in the single player genre has reminiscent of New World. It is the gredeed case published in 2019, which sets a relative setting and puts the population of the new world at the center.

So I had two super single player titles directly, which were on the same, actually rather unused, setting in my head. But that s not just the reason why I prefer to play New World alone.

Condensed Game - 2021 USSSA 'AA' World Semifinal - Competitive Edge vs S&E

What made me back? Already on stage 3, so at the beginning and on the beach, I bothered me a lot in New World. Namely, the chat that was whopping on chat and tore me completely out of my immersion.

After a little search by the menu, I managed to completely turn off the chat of the MMORPG, which I have not changed so far, ie 100 hours later.

But even if the start, the setting, the factions and weapons was very similar to my favorite game risen, it was not bleak enough. I did not immediately catch someone full pound on his mouth. So that always reminded me that I do not play a single player game.

I just have more fun

What does New World for Solo Players? Since Level 3, I am very concerned that all other players are consistently hiding and ignore, which I am very well succeeded. Although I regularly play with friends, but not together.

We talk in the discord about the game and from time to time and on we act, but we all handle the actual gameplay alone and nobody has a problem with it. On the contrary, we even find it very pleasant.

Because New World is an open-world sandbox in which you can put your own goals if you are traveling as a solo player. The quests are interesting and the places in Aeternum tell up exciting stories. Especially who reads the diary entries he finds, experiences many exciting details about the world.

But even if Story does not care, the New World is encouraged to explore. The missing mini map has initially bothered me very much, as it is almost indispensable in a MMORPG. But you can see New World as a single player-rpg, the mini map suddenly is not missing at all.

On the contrary, the compass at the upper edge of the screen stimulates much more to discover what is in front of you.

In general, I have experienced something in New World what happened to me personally since Guild Wars 2 has not caught so - I want to get to know this world. It is not only enough to know that there is an old ruin in front, I also want to know why she is there and what its purpose was or was.

What makes the world even exciting? Even if I consistently ignore other games, determine how my single player world is changing. Because even if I do not participate in wars, invasions or PVP as a solo player, the world of Aeternum always changes.

Areas change the owner, taxes change and new political groups will increase influence in areas where they were not before. This fight between the political groups could not represent a single player game so well, so new world is also a great lively for solo players.

No, I would like to chop wood today

Life skills make the most fun: The set out of the heading I use constantly in response, if someone asks me if I can help somewhere. Improving Life Skills Feels satisfying in New World Grandios and could spend my spells for hours.

Because you do not have 200 trees and then suddenly be better in it, no. With every tree you fall, everyone who degrades you and every fish you pull out of the water will be better.

Again, risen returns in my head again. Because the principle is very similar to resources again. I see a goldenz vein, that s great. But does not bring me anything if I have no pickaxe and do not even know how to reduce gold.

Although I thought that, this life skills were not interested in, I had wooden cases already on stage 20 before I saw the first city from the inside.

Since you always unlock new things when you improve the appropriate skill, it often leads to situations in which you go to yourself goals. And so I also found myself again with the strong desire to have woodfalls also level 100.

This enthusiasm and setting goals has not stopped since then. Which is also due to the grandiose sound effects and the optics. Because nothing feels so satisfactory to see and hear a huge tree trunk to the ground.

Sound design that makes joy: Most games, I either play completely without sound or with a soft tone about my boxes. I admit it if it is not relevant gameplay side, I attach little value to how a game sounds.

At New World, however, I even take up my headphones and turn them louder, because the noise on Aeternum is guaranteed in the spell. It is more than just the soundtrack and the sometimes very good dialogues.

It starts with how well it sounds if your ax meets the tree. That s just about surpassing if your pickaxed beats on the rock. The clink of the metal of the hoe on the hard stone can be heard over many meters. So you can hear a quarry for a long time before you see him.

Also at this point, New World will be encouraged to explore. For this ore deposit behind that I have just heard, I see neither card nor on the compass. But ore is rare, you have to look up.

And I find myself in a quarry full of opponents, who tells me a new, exciting story.

One thing annoys then

What draws me out of my immersion? In the gross you are, the other players, even if I can usually ignore you. Of course, it annoys me if people lose a mini boss away from the nose, which I would actually need. I can live with that.

What bothers me then are the few points where New World suddenly forces me to play together with others. This is understandable for a MMORPG, but just does not feel around. Especially if I can handle almost everything else alone.

Without spoilers, I can betray that the main story forces you quite early to play together with other people together. And that s annoying.

For for me personally, the gameplay as a group does not feel very round. It s chaotic, everyone is everywhere and somehow everything is very little organized.

Also a group find tool does not bring New World. So I had to turn on my chat on level 25 for the first time. Only to find someone ever, from which I can leave myself.

EHR to New World on Meinmo

NEW WORLD has problems with rüpel, Be Non-Ass rules Players cheer idea how New World can compensate for the missing mounts Amazon assumes that you are back in New World your own faction

Why other players are still important: With other players in New World I do not want to do anything, but they make the game for a better single player experience. For the living world, the regions and wars as well as the cathedral in the cities, ensures that Aeternum feels alive.

Forests are cut off, stones cut out of the way and by the company mechanics settlements can be expanded piece by piece. Where yesterday was a simple kettle as a kitchen, a house can be a house with ovens tomorrow.

The world of New World lives and changes even when I m offline and not games. Every day, if I log in, the world has changed a bit. Then there are new things I can discover, and that s great.

Therefore, the other players New World make a better solo game. That s under the stroke but somehow awesome. Then I also accept that I have to beat myself with an unorganized chaostroup by a dungeon. After all, I can feed a dog afterwards.

How are you doing that? Does your New World play alone or as a classic MMORPG? Do you think me all for crazy because I find New World is a super solo-rpg? Write us your opinion in the comments here at Meinmmo.

If you are less like me and you re interested in PvP, there is a big problem: The EndGame PvP from New World excludes players without great guild.

Comments